Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 20


Day 20 – Mumbai – Dubai Monday 4/6/12

Weather – Fine and Sunny 29C - 33C
Sunrise – 5.44am
Sunset – 7.15pm
Time difference - minus 5 hours ex Sydney. (another 30 mins back overnight)

Throughout the day Sun Princess maintained a north-westerly course, crossing the Arabian Sea.

A very relaxing sea day today. Only did a half hour of laps this morning, I have a huge burst blister on the sole of my foot (never eat whilst reading this blog :) . I will have to give it a rest for a day or two and let it heal up, as we have a lot of tours coming up, so we need the feet in good nick.

This morning I attended a presentation by the First Officer, Goran Favro, who provided an insight into the Bridge operations of Sun Princess, which was quite interesting.

Donna had a crack at the Bingo jackpot. We have not been playing, and we usually dont join in until the last day or two of a cruise, or in this case, sector, as that is when the jackpot goes off.

Meat BBQ Grill up on Riviera Deck was something different for lunch, slow learner me, cant resist yummy food.

I mentioned a few days ago we had a Pirate Drill. Well since then Security have had a guard on lookout on the port side deck pretty well continuously. Interesting that they dont have a guard on lookout on starboard side, I did not know Pirates were so predictable in what side they would attack a ship from :)

On rear of deck 11 they have a type of sound blaster permanently setup and manned. Around Promenade deck 7 they have fire hoses tethered to the rails in preparation if needed. My small contribution to the ships security and pirate defence is I always try and have a beer bottle in hand whilst on the outer decks, which I can turn into a projected missile if the need arises, but only after contents has been emptied of course, priorities.

Pre dinner entertainment was comedian Tom Pepper from Liverpool, not the funniest man going around, but I did raise a smile.

Carl – Warm Citrus Fruit Soufflé, with Orange Lemon Zest sauce on the menu tonight, as a desert to the lobster tail !! Formal night number 3.

After dinner we went up to the Movies Under The Stars – tonights offering – The Artist, did not pass the 20 minute test, so we hit the sack.

My hopes of the Nikon camera battery being charged by the ships studio have been dashed, as they dont have a charger to fit my battery..bugger. We will have to continue to keep an eye out for a solution when we are out and about. We still have the little Panasonic Lumix, which will have to be our back up.

On the subject of photos, I have a few blog posts of photos prepared and ready to publish, once we can get some wi-fi. Mumbai terminal did not have it, and we just did not have time to look when ashore there. I understand Dubai terminal does have it, so we may have time to upload there when we get back from our tour.

I have written an email to Telstra to see if they cant get their shit together and sort out our phone issue, but based upon prior experience, dont hold out much hope – customer service is a foreign alien to them.

Until tomorrow...:)


1 comment:

  1. I still enjoy your daily blogs. I am pleased that the potential Pirate issue is in good hands too ! My mother is on board however she is not quite so good keeping in contact so your blogs let me keep in touch with the onboard antics ! I have become concerned as seasscanner has not been able to show your GPS location the last 2 days. Hoping you make it safely to Dubai. safe travels :-)

    ReplyDelete